Magazine With CD - ELVIS 66
The ElvisMatters quarterly magazine ( in Dutch language ) no.66 of 1 September 2019 contains the
following fascinating topics in addition to a beautiful cover photo:
-Elvis' return to the stage - part 2
-Easy Come, Easy Go - Elvis' 23 ° film in the spotlight
-Elvis in Vegas - new book by Richard Zoglin
-ElvisWeek 2019: a look back
-Pearl Harbor: On March 25, 1961, Elvis last performed for a long time in Hawaii. What a blast this was!
-Moody Blue: the last album released during Elvis' lifetime. It took a lot of effort for Felton Jarvis to get
this album ready.
-Photo Spread - Elvis in 1969
-Writing for the King: An American Trilogy
-Under the hammer
The ElvisMatters CD nr 66 contains the following titles:
1. Easy Come, Easy Go - Trailer
2. Easy Come, Easy Go - Title song Elvis Presley
3. She's A Machine - Take 13 movie master Elvis Presley A song Elvis hated. Was also dropped from the
4. All Shook Up / Such A Night - Pearl Harbor 1961 Elvis Presley
5. An American Trilogy - 1972 Elvis Presley He sang this song for the first time on January 26
1972. This is the recording of February 16, 1972, midnight show, Las Vegas.
6. An American Trilogy - March 1973, Elvis Presley Mid South Coliseum, Memphis
7. An American Trilogy - 1975 Elvis Presley On the many tours Joe Guercio was not always able to
complete one take along orchestra. In the absence of a flute player, a trumpet was played solo. This
recording is a good example of this.
8. An American Trilogy - 2019 Bouke with ElvisMattersBand and Wind Band Mol Rauw
9. An American Trilogy - Mickey Newbury The original, almost acoustically performed by the composer of
the number. Recorded in 1971. With a huge contrast from Elvis' version.
10. An American Trilogy - Wayne Newton, Mister Las Vegas. Elvis introduced himself laughing
once like 'Hi, my name is Wayne Newton!' ...
11. Reconcider Baby - Elvis Presley Live version, August 23, 1969. Elvis and the blues, always a
12. Moody Blue - Elvis Presley A pure and unadulterated version, without the overdubs Felton Jarvis
would add later. Recorded in the den of Graceland, better known as the jungle room, on February 4,
13. Moody Blue - Elvis Presley The only complete live version of this song, included in
Charlotte, NC, on February 21, 1977. The day before, it failed.
14. It's Easy For You - Elvis Presley The last song from the very last album by Elvis De
recording tape running in the den at Graceland on October 29, 1976. It will be the last recording
session become for Elvis ... Enjoy the pure emotion that Elvis has in this beautiful version without